Monday, January 11, 2010

Weekend Outdoor Life





























It was a clear day and my neighbor suggested driving to the top of Flat Mountain Park. To my surprise I could see Mt. Denali which is 350 miles away. Imagine being in Atlanta and seeing Grandfather Mountain in NC. This made being in Anchorage even more special. Once I sited the mountain, I continued to see it from other locations. You have to strain a little to see it. I don't know if you can enlarge the photos.
The more obvious mountain is not Denali, and I will have to find out the name. Denali is the last picture before this narrative.
I can't imagine the artists who did the ice sculptures. I couldn't stand to take my glove off to take the photo.














Also went down to Town Square to view the sculpturing of the ice. Most are still being sculptured. It was cold, and I had to take my glove off to take the photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment