Monday, February 15, 2010

First 24 hours home






Well maybe I forgot more than I thought I would in 3 months. Like the following:
which channel is abc, cnn news, weather, usa??
how to release the break on my Prius?
where the "key" is?
what day of the week is it?


Last night when I figured out what time it was, and I went to bed, for the 1st time in 3 months I heard dogs barking. Guess I get to hear the neighbors dogs bark until the end of February when original owners return.

Then I inally ffell asleep only to be awakened to an alarm beeping. Foxy got up first to examine the sound. I finally got awake enough to turn on the light and and search in the great room. It would make a sound every 7-8 seconds. Still not sure what was beeping. Returned to bed, beeps continued, got up. Went to bed, beeps continued, got up. Thought it might be the smoke detector, but it was up about 18 feet on the cathedral ceiling and there was no reaching it even with a ladder. The next day when I was visiting one of Fox's friends, we figured out that I had turned the thermostat up higher and also that the ceiling fan was not running so the extra heat was collecting at the top of the ceiling making the detector beep. The fan is now on moving the air around. I hope for no beeps when the lights are out.

Ventured out around noon today. Had to remember how to drive the Prius. So quiet, I thought it was not turned on. The lady who took care of the house did a great job, the big battery worked. Went to see Foxy's friend Willie the black poodle, I forgot the leash and the camera. Foxy took Willie some Yummie Chummies (salmon flavored snacks). Willie licked his chops over those. They were doing all kind of cute things, but no camera.

Little hard to type tonight. Tippy cat is remembering me. Cat kisses.

Cold here tonight...20 degrees.

No comments:

Post a Comment